The School of Meteorology has limited general funds and modest scholarship and fellowship funds from which many student educational and professional development needs are met. The only sources of these funds are gifts from alumni and friends. Each year, the requests for assistance far exceed the amounts available.
Support a specific need with a gift of any amount and make a real difference in the lives of current and future students in the School of Meteorology. Below are examples of the school's needs. Gifts can be targeted to any of these items.
Specific Areas of Need
- AMS (American Meteorological Society) Conference Travel
- Student Travel
- Student Awards Program
- Classroom Computing
- Field Equipment and Laboratory Instrumentation
- Support for Student Mentoring and Tutoring Programs
- Student Organizations
- Mobile Teaching Radar Truck (TUTOR)
- MSPM, M.S. in Professional Meteorology Program Fellowships
- Donations of or toward photography or artwork for SoM areas in the Weather Center
- Minimum of $10,000 gift, which will support one $500 award each year
- "Leadership level" endowments of at least $40,000, which will attract top students with awards of $1,000 per semester or $2,000 per year
- Private gift of at least $500,000, matched by the State Regents Endowment Program, to create a $1 million endowment
- Private gift of at least $250,000, matched by the State Regents Endowment Program, to create a $500,000 endowment
How to Give Targeted Donations
You can contribute with credit card through our secure donation page.
Make check payable to:
The University of Oklahoma and mail to:
School of Meteorology
120 David L. Boren Blvd.
Norman, OK 73072
For questions about donations, please contact Nancy Campbell