Meteorological Forecaster - Weather Decision Technologies
Job Description: WDT is seeking to fill multiple positions for Meteorological Forecasters. Excellent forecasting skills are required. Candidates must have good personal communication skills with clients via telephone/video briefings. Must be able to deal with stressful global point forecasting situations and meet deadlines. Supervision of junior support technicians and/or interns required. Shift work, including nights, weekends, and holidays required. This position requires a passion for weather forecasting, therefore please emphasize your forecasting skills in your resume. Entry-level meteorologists welcome.
• Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Meteorology with 0-5 years experience.
• Advanced understanding of meteorological data and related scientific processes.
• Outstanding technical writing and oral communication skills.
• Outstanding organizational and oral briefing skills along with attention to detail.
• Advanced understanding of computer hardware and software.
• Use of AWIPS or AWIPS II desired.
• Use of various computer operating systems including RedHat Linux, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows.
• Use of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Job Location: Norman, OK
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular, Part-Time
Candidates should submit resume and other related materials to email@example.com.
WDT is an equal opportunity employer
Degree required: B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
This job posted: 2012-05-23 17:30:25