Web Applications Developer - MDA Information Systems Inc.
MDA Information Systems Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and passionate person to join its highly regarded Weather Services Division as a Web Developer. The ideal candidate will be eager to join a fast-paced, innovative, and close-working team where opportunities to use your technological creativity emerge every day. This person, working with a team of developers, will turn concepts into reality by creating new weather analysis products and systems. Weather impacts every person, every market sector, and every region of the world. Come be a part of a team that provides essential information to help customers manage their weather related risk.
The Company: MDA Information Systems, Inc. is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. The firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government. MDA Information Systems, Inc. offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance. MDA Information Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Web Designer/Developer will join our growing programming team to enhance MDA’s web-based weather data services. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining web applications. This position requires a highly-motivated individual who can work in a fast-paced, real-time, client-driven environment.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintain and extend MDA’s client dashboard that serves as the platform for all MDA Weather web applications and products.
• Front-end web development of plugins for the dashboard.
• Provide mock-ups and prototypes of web services based on collaboration with project managers, back-end developers, and client feedback.
• Extensive experience with object-oriented Design Patterns and the Java programming language.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop CS and related graphic design tools.
• Demonstrated ability to display complex numerical and textual data in a simple, client-friendly format using common web constructs such as tables and graphs.
• Expert understanding of W3C standards as well as browser-specific bugs and variations, including IE, Firefox, and Chrome. Understanding of browser display differences on different platforms.
• Must be able to develop on a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl) platform.
• Ability to ingest, process, and disseminate various large numeric datasets.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet client-driven deadlines.
• Ability to function independently and work effectively within a small team.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Must be able to provide
• Must be able to provide Code Samples
• Must be able to provide a Portfolio
• Experience with GWT (Google Web Toolkit).
• Experience with internet mapping API’s (Google Maps, Bing, OpenLayers).
• Web development for mobile devices.
• Basic understanding of meteorology, geography, or other related sciences.
• B.S. in computer science or demonstrated equivalent experience.
• U.S. Citizenship is required, along with eligibility to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
• Go directly to www.mdaus.com and apply on line
Degree required: B.S.
This job posted: 2012-05-21 19:30:39