Meteorological Support Technician - Weather Decision Technologies
WDT is seeking to fill multiple positions for Meteorological Support Technicians with qualified personnel. Shift-work required with flexible scheduling
available. Duties include; answering support calls for WDT products, QC of operational weather products and weather systems, entry and follow-up of support tickets with external WDT customers and assisting in the preparation/forecast process of WDT forecast weather services.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology-- will accept Meteorology students.
• Advanced understanding of meteorological data and related scientific processes.
• Outstanding troubleshooting skills, especially in a busy environment.
• Outstanding technical writing and oral communication skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail, including a high level of situational awareness.
• Use of various computer operating systems including Microsoft Windows, RedHat Linux and Mac OS X.
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Understanding of Linux file Editors such as ‘vi”.
• Understanding of SSH command line interfacing
• Experience with mobile devices and apps.
• Experience with virtualization software.
Job Location: Norman, OK
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular, Part-Time
Candidates should submit resume and other related materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WDT is an equal opportunity employer
Degree required: B.S.
This job posted: 2012-05-23 16:28:56